In this third video of the new series, NPG analyzes the effects of U.S. population growth – specifically when it comes to irreversible damage to our fragile environment. We break down the complex topic into bite-sized pieces, so that the average American can gain a better understanding of the true impact of our nation’s growth. The film answers important questions – covering topics often dismissed or misunderstood by many Americans:
* What does population growth have to do with America’s environment?
* What is population growth doing to our nation’s wildlife, water, and air?
* Does population growth impact greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to climate change?
Throughout each section, the film supplies viewers with real facts – including the latest statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau, demonstrating the true scope of America’s population size and growth. We demonstrate to viewers that – even at less than 1% a year – our growth adds over 2 million people per year. The video concludes with a statement that NPG has long posed to the American public, policy makers, and the national media:
“Our world is depending on us. And our future is worth SAVING… YOU can help.”
World population, now over 7.3 billion, is predicted to rise to 9 billion by 2050, an increase of almost two billion, or 23%, in the short space of only 34 years from now.In the highly unlikely event that per capita greenhouse gas emissions could possibly be decreased by an equal percentage in such a short space of time (a blink of an eye) the total amount of worldwide emission would remain the same!
From this simple illustration it would appear that without drastically reducing the size of world population, there is no solution to the problem.None at all.So then why do our world leaders pretend that there is one?What is to be gained by pretending rather than by proposing a solution that would solve the problem – a reduction in the size of world population to not more than 1- 2 billion?
Latest posts by NPG (see all)
- AMERICA’S ANCHOR BABY PROBLEM IS BALLOONING OUT OF CONTROL! - September 17, 2018
- New NPG Forum Paper Exposes Many Flaws in Refugee and Asylee System - August 30, 2018
- National polls show support for NPG’s position - August 21, 2018